UEFA Champions League Home Page Ronaldinho Gaucho Home Page
Favorites Add to your favorites
Site Map Site Map
Subscribe Subscribe to Ronaldinho's Blog

September 21, 2005

Ronaldinho likes PremierShip but loves Barcelona

Share |

Super millionaire english club Chelsea had been courting the idea of bringing Ronaldinho Gaucho to flaunt his talent in the Premiership. But the new deal has ruled out any move away from Catalonia for the 25-year-old.

Ronaldinho praised the standard of the English game as he was awarded with the inaugural FIFPro Player of the Year Award on Monday, but the former World Player of the Year will be staying put.

"The Premiership's one of the most competitive leagues in the world - it's one of the best," he said.

"However I'm very happy at Barcelona and don't see myself playing for any other team."

As for Lionel Messi, Barca's brightest young star, he has yet to feature for Barca in La Liga due to his difficulties in obtaining Spanish citizenship.

But the youngster is not overly concerned by the situation and is determined to stay at the Nou Camp until the dispute is sorted out.

"I hope the situation will be unblocked soon," Messi said, also at the Fifpro awards. "I don't know how much longer it will take.

"It's strange being able to play in the Champions League and not in La Liga.

"I'm comfortable with the contract extension and I'm really happy. In Barcelona I want to do great things."

Several clubs, including Inter and Juventus, have been following proceedings closely, but Messi is happy in Catalonia and has no intention of moving away.

"I'm flattered by the words from Inter," he said. "And Juve are like Barcelona, the best. But I want to stay for a long time where I am.

"For me Barcelona are the best solution and a dream come true."

Barcelona face Valencia on Wednesday night, in a clash that both clubs will be determined to win, following a stuttering start to the season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home