UEFA Champions League Home Page Ronaldinho Gaucho Home Page
Favorites Add to your favorites
Site Map Site Map
Subscribe Subscribe to Ronaldinho's Blog

May 14, 2006

Ronaldinho and Henry: Friends and Rivals in the Final Game

Share |

Just a few days before the clash Barcelona-Arsenal, Ronaldinho has revealed his secret phone calls and text messages to the Gunners' striker Thierry Henry as he pleads with him to join the Spanish team this summer.

Ronaldinho says he is in regular contact with Henry which will be a major concern to Arsenal as they battle to keep their captain from the clutches of Barcelona this summer. And Ronaldinho Gaucho has told the Frenchman that there is no better place to play football than Barcelona as the two clubs prepare to meet in next Wednesday’s Champions League final.

Indeed, it is also seen as a battle between the two best strikers in the world but the Barca playmaker insists there is room for both of them at the Nou Camp.

In fact, Ronaldinho has developed a friendship with Henry after meeting at several world player of the year events and through sponsorship business.

“I speak with Henry on the phone quite often, but I haven’t spoken to him this week. We just have swapped a few text messages. He is a fantastic player, one of the best in the world,” said the Brazilian star.

“We ust understand this is not a contest between Ronaldinho and Henry, it is a game between Barca and Arsenal and we all have to be prepared.

I believe that Henry is a player who has a lot of quality and he could go to any team in the world and make it better.

“He is so great technically, has great pace and has a lot of force. He has the characteristics of a player that could adapt to any club in the world.

“I’m really not thinking to myself that in the final I can impress him and convince him to join us. That’s not my priority. My objective is to do my best for my club. It won’t be me that makes his decision for him. However, I can say that it’s always a good thing to have amazing players in your team and that is what we have here.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home