UEFA Champions League Home Page Ronaldinho Gaucho Home Page
Favorites Add to your favorites
Site Map Site Map
Subscribe Subscribe to Ronaldinho's Blog

July 18, 2006

Ronaldinho wins ESPY award and talks to his fans

Share |

Ronaldinho won the ESPY award as the "Best Footballer", but after the bad World Cup experience, the footballer felt that he should give a message to his fans. And on his official website, he expressed: "I know many people expected a brilliant performance from the national team and especially from me.

"I am sorry we left the World Cup stage without being able to show our true talent and what we are capable of.

"I admit that I wanted a different end to my personal dream of winning one more World Cup, but it just didn't happen.

"I am sorry. Nothing I can say will change what happened. This is why I want to apologise, along with my team-mates, for not winning the World Cup in Germany."

In fact, Ronaldinho has carried the brunt of much of the fans' criticism after failing to reproduce the form he showed throughout the season at FC Barcelona.

"We now need your help to build on this squad" the midfielder asked his fans.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ико said...

I think that Ronnie has nothing to appologise. There were 23 Brazilians in the squad and he is only one of them. Why should he be the one to blame?!

Not one of the Brazilians that played in Germani showed his true tallent and skills...Ronnie just fited in that poor form of the whole team...

5:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And why should Dino apologise?? He was not the team but a part of it, therefore blame ALL members of the Brazilian squad. I can bet if Brazil had won then he would have been their hero. Show so loyalty to your team and country people. Ronnie STOP APOLOGISING!! U R NOT BRAZIL just a part of it.

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm 100% with you.. Ronnie is such a nice guy is taking all the gult. That's another part of him that i like. The Brazilian just don't know how great he is. They keep on blaming him and that's not fair. He was playing just like everyone else in the team. I still luv him and all the team even do they lost. Ronnie is the greatest. LUV U RONNIE

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home